Instagram Close Friends feature has been announced which will now let Instagram users share more personal moments with a smaller group that you choose. Here’s how to use this new Instagram feature.
Instagram has become one of the most popular photo-sharing platforms in the world with over a billion people sharing their personal updates on the platform. In order to improve the overall user experience Instagram has been adding new features to the platform and now the Close Friends feature has been announced by the Facebook-owned app which will let you share your Instagram Stories with just your close friends.
A similar feature is present on Facebook and now Instagram users will be able to choose between three options while sharing a Stories namely Public, Private and Close Friends. The feature has gone live starting from today, you can make a close friends list on Stories and share with just the people you’ve added. Instagram Stories has become the place to express yourself and share everyday moments, but our community has grown — sometimes what you want to share isn’t for everyone. With Close Friends, you have the flexibility to share more personal moments with a smaller group that you choose.
Instagram Close Friends announced: Here’s how to share Instagram Stories with select people on Android, iOS
- To add people to your Close Friends list, go to your Instagram profile
- Tap on the “Close Friends” option in the side menu.
- Only you can see your close friends list and no one can request to be added.
- When you share to Stories, you’ll see the option to share with just the people on your close friend’s list.
- If someone has added you to their list, you will see a green badge when you’re viewing their stories.
- You’ll also see a green ring around their profile photo in the Stories tray.
The new Instagram Close Friends feature has started rolling out today and in order to use it, you will have to update your app to the latest version on both Android as well as iOS.