Last year, Microsoft launched the Windows version of Xiaomi Smartphone with Xiaomi MI4 handsets. At that time, the above facility was available only in China and Xiaomi smartphones. But today in our article, we have carefully compiled a list of steps that need to be done to install windows operating system on your Android mobile phones.
With the following steps, you can install Windows XP / 7 /8 / 8.1 / 10 on your Android tablet or Android phone. If your phone has Android KitKat, Lollipop or Android marshmallow, even though we can install Windows OS.
Requirements to install windows on android
First and foremost, prior to having the need to run the Windows on Android phone, the following should be taken into consideration. Make sure that you’ve; Android Tablet or Phone
- Android Tablet or Phone
- Personal Computer/Laptop.
- High-speed internet connection.
- USB Cable
- Change My Software.
- High-speed Internet Connection
- 15 Minutes of your time.
- Best app for getting a free recharge: the would-be Mcent free recharging app for the PC
- Best file transfer applications: the best would be the Xander file transferring app for your PC.
Steps to install windows on android phone or tablet
The below is the chronological illustrations of how one would download and run windows on the Android phone.
- To begin with, from your Android tablet, tap on Menu option, then select “Settings”.
- Click the “Developer options”, after which you place a checkmark next to the “USB debugging.” Your PC will be enabled to make changes on the Android when connected through the USB.
- Basing on the type of windows you need, select “Change my software” option and chose the best version of Windows edition you need”, this software is going to change your Android OS to Windows OS or vice versa.
- Download Change my Software version.
- Having your devices connected, launch Change my software Windows version on your computer
- Follow up the on-screen prompts for installing “Change My Software” on your computer. This program is going to launch when the installation has completed.
- Connect your Android tablet/phone to your computer using the USB cable.
- Then select Android > Windows (8/8.1/7/XP) to install the windows on an android tablet.
- If you your device is working properly, click on continue.
- Choose your language. This is quite remarkable.
- By selecting the language, windows driver download will automatically start.
- When the download process has completed, click on the “Install” button.
- You have the option to on “Remove Android”. When you do not want to run a dual-boot (Windows&Android), then you will only run windows on the Android phone. Ignoring that option will mean running a dual boot (Windows&Android).
- The process of Windows installation will start on your Android device. Wait until the completion process and all the features and files are installed.
- When all features and files have been installed, the Android mobile/tablet will automatically reboot.
- After rebooting the device, select either Windows or Android to use on your android mobile.
There is an option for reverting to your original version of Android if you feel it uncomfortable using windows. The choice is, reconnect the Android tablet/phone to your PC then launch Change My Software. Select the “Restore to original condition.” option on the main menu. This option will remove Windows from your Android tablet/phone back to Android operating system.
If you want to go back to Android, you can do it by using the same ‘Change My Software’. You can connect the device to PC and select the “Restore to original condition.” option on the main menu.